The Timeline of the Chronicles - Snowsaga

anachronist

The Timeline of the Chronicles - Snowsaga

Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:46 am

Hey Guys,
I realize that this forum is not very much in use. Very few threads and posts altogether.I wonder where the communication regarding the game takes place?

Anyway, as I do not find another place to as my question I'll do it here:

I'm all in preparing the snowsaga campaign, which seems to be huge and pretty complex. I appreciate both! But I have a hard time bringing the timeline together. As far as I can see, there i no timeline in any of the books I own (Player's and Master's Handbook, Jorgi, Stormlands and Snowsaga) I would really love to see a chronological approach on the history of Trudvang. Some Kind of Trudvang Chronicles (harrharr :lol: ). And even better a list of important (and unimportant) events concerning the Snowsaga.

Is this somewhere to be found? Or did someone write it up for her/his own use?

An answer would be very much appreciated!

Mellekai

Re: The Timeline of the Chronicles - Snowsaga

Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:19 pm

Be welcome here. I am glad you have found this place in these darken times.
I never came across a solid timeline during my read of the English material. Maybe some of your Swedish speaking friends can tell us if there is something to be found in those sprawling texts of old? :)

Råttfångaren

Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:20 pm

No official timeline has been published in Swedish (that I'm aware of at least), but a lot of pieces have been revealed throughout the years. The history is probably to extensive to compile into a complete timeline and since some parts of the setting has changed throughout the years, it is not always easy to know if old information is still canon. I compiled some of the larger events into a timeline based on the different ages of Trudvang a while back however (in order to get a better sense of in which order certain events happen). That timeline is incomplete however, and written in Swedish. If there is some interest I could translate it, but the timeline is mostly informational (complete with references to sources and all) and may not be that much fun to read haha.

I believe that most events regarding Snowsaga will be revealed in the sequels when they are eventually translated. Isle of the wailing winds reveals quite a bit if I'm not mistaken.

Hope this helps, and don't hesitate to ask questions here! We are at least a few people that visit regularly to ask and answer questions :)
There may be misunderstandings and errors in the transcriptions

Mellekai

Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:28 am

I am most interested in your compilation of events.
And I will not be the only one I guess.
It would be great if you can translate it and post in this forum. :D

Råttfångaren

Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:25 pm

Alright, here is a link to the current version in English. I will update it eventually when I get the time to go through the other worldbooks.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FEO2RY ... sp=sharing

Mellekai

Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:53 pm

That is a very nice document.
Quite professionally presented. It is a labour of compassion seems to me.
I really like it and your approach how to present it. Concise and helpful.
It is mighty nice of you to share it with us. Big Thanks for that.

Hamurai

Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:08 am

Thanks for sharing!

anachronist

Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:39 am

Wow, hey superthanks for sharing. This comes in really handy. I just skimmed it, but I guess this will be a backbone for an eventual play. There are several events in the Snowsaga, that take place in the more recent years. Do you you have an account of those as well? I don't want to be greedy and inpolite, but if you already made a document concerning those as well, I would appreciate sharing that as well very much!

I will read your timeline today with great pleasure!

Råttfångaren

Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:45 pm

You're welcome! :)
Haven't made any timeline for the events that happen before or during Snowsaga unfortunately. Are you interested in a timeline for the events in the adventure or the history before it takes place? Will probably not compile a timeline for those events myself, at least not in the nearest future, however.

anachronist

Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:28 pm

After some time I'm coming back to the Snowsaga. I have some question to the Timeline. Is it possible to get some answers from the authors Theodore Bergqvist and/or Jonas Lindström?

Ouvar the Beheader is the father of Hakka Norim. The meeting of Valsinka and Ouvar is before the last battle between the Hagtorn brothers and Valsinkas Army. Afterwards she is imprisoned in the north. Yet the destruction of Ouvars familiy is way after the war (100 years). In a time where the peoples of the Wildlands already forgot about the Time of the Untamed.

Is this a mistake, or am I missing something?