The multiverse of Trudvang

Mikael

The multiverse of Trudvang

Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:32 am

Hello!

I’m preparing a campaign for Trudvang and was wondering about the world beyond the physical world och Trudvang. Does anyone have any information about this part of the setting? I’ve read some about Dimhall, the real of the dead but would be very grateful if someone could expand this for me!

Thank you!

tmar

Re: The multiverse of Trudvang

Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:02 pm

As far as I can read in the published English material, there are two planes adjoining Trudvang, Bloodheim which is the realm of demons, and Dimhall, which is the realm of the dead. You can enter Dimhall via Dimgates, which can be found in fogs all over Trudvang. Demons are usually summoned to Trudvang and my guess is that none to this day has had much interest in visiting Bloodheim. :D

Råttfångaren

Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:20 pm

The old version of Jorgi's Bestiary (from 2001) explained that there are five worlds (although this was from Jorgi's own subjective point of view), this may have changed however in later editions. Those five worlds were: Blotheim (realm of demons, or 'uvenlas' and 'iois'), Dimhall (a realm of the dead with many different planes), Trudvang, the world of the dawn (home of the ancient spirits), and finally Himlhall (the realm of light).
We know a little bit about Dimhall but almost nothing about Blotheim. Don't know if the world of the dawn has been mentioned since Jorgi's bestiary from 2001. Himlhall could be interpreted as the different 'heavens', I believe. Himlhall is the western name in the tenet of Nid, while the Stormlanders speak of Stormihall and Mittlanders of Othwa. Himlhall is reached by the souls that have regained their wings through faith in Gave, Stormihall is reached through dying in battle and fighting through the chaos storms, Othwa is reserved for the greatest heroes of the Eald tradition. There also seems to be some distortion in the faith of mittlanders who follow the tenet of Nid since they may believe that Himlhall and Othwa are the same thing.
Dimhall is not only the realm of the dead, as I understand it, but a 'in between'-world. You can use Dimgates to enter Dimhall but also to traverse extreme distances in trudvang.
There may be misunderstandings and errors in the transcriptions

Mikael

Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:07 am

Thank you! :D