The people whose the most looks like the Norse/Vikings

Bödvarr Bjarki

The people whose the most looks like the Norse/Vikings

Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:39 pm

I love the Vikings since I am 17 years old and now I am 36 years. I have many historical books about them especially from the French historian Régis Boyer.

For example my name in the forum : "Bödvarr Bjarki" is the name of the Berserkr Hero Character in "Hrolf Kraka's Saga". I love this character. "Bödvarr" is its name and "Bjarki" is its nickname which affectionately means "bear cub". In reality the Norse Names can be first name and also simply name especialy name of animal. "Bjarki" can be a first name or a name means "bear cub".

I give you other examples :

"Björn" = "bear"
"Hrafn/Rafn" = "raven"
"Ulfr" = "wolf"
"Arn/Arni" = "eagle"
"Ormr" = "snake"
"Ketill" = "cauldron"
"Steinn" = "stone"
every name with "Thor" like "Thorsteinn", "Thorolfr", "Thorgils", "Thorvald", "Thormodr" etc. is about the God Thorr.

Sorry, I hope I am not too boring or too wordly with my explanations

I have seen that Trudvang's setting/background is inspired by Norse People like the Vikings and about the Norse Mythology.

I am curious, about the several peoples in Trudvang which looks like the most about the Vikings/Old Norse People ? I think that are the Stormlanders People, but I am not sure.

What is your point of view ? What do you think about that ?

SvenDerRitter

Re: The people whose the most looks like the Norse/Vikings

Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:17 pm

The ones who most resemble the Old Norse are definitely the Stormlanders, and if you want to specifically point out the sea-faring and raiding the Sea Wolves from Djunhart and apparently Wildland. So yeah, on the money with Stormlanders. The Mittlanders are a weird mix of Celtic and Germanic cultures, especially since they tend to have Anglo-Saxon names and even have a hero named Beowulf, so I'd say they are a cultural mix of Celts and Anglo-Saxons. The Viranni are pretty much your archetypical early Medieval western-europeans, which may or may not have come off as fairly apparent from the whole "knights and crusading" thing they do.