The Timeline of the Chronicles - Snowsaga

Luca Cherstich

Re: The Timeline of the Chronicles - Snowsaga

Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:21 am

One thing that I like about Trudvang is that "time" is a culture-based perception. Some cultures have tighter historical records, others have not.

Regarding Snowsaga: check Campaign Materials p.2-4. That Chronology (divided in two parts "Ancient as recorded by Iron Elves" and "Wildlander and more recent chronology") was made to at least try to make sense of all the things happening in the campaign.

Luca Cherstich

Re: The Timeline of the Chronicles - Snowsaga

Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:25 am

anachronist wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:28 pm
After some time I'm coming back to the Snowsaga. I have some question to the Timeline. Is it possible to get some answers from the authors Theodore Bergqvist and/or Jonas Lindström?

Ouvar the Beheader is the father of Hakka Norim. The meeting of Valsinka and Ouvar is before the last battle between the Hagtorn brothers and Valsinkas Army. Afterwards she is imprisoned in the north. Yet the destruction of Ouvars familiy is way after the war (100 years). In a time where the peoples of the Wildlands already forgot about the Time of the Untamed.

Is this a mistake, or am I missing something?
Specifically check the chronology on Campaign Materials p. 3.
I guess some things are best to be left vague, or at least that's how Stormlanders would have perceived things (Check Stormlands p.38, "Measuring Time"....Stormlanders do not feel the need for very accurate chronologies).