Issues with riot online

Konietzko

Issues with riot online

Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:01 am

Good morning
I backed the Lex Occultum kickstarter back in the day, and I'm really happy with the product, except for 1 thing: the english version of the online platform, nearly 4 years after the campaign ended in kickstarter.
I have been sending back and forth mails with the riotminds staff, but at the end of the day, the answer is always the same: no, it is not done, no, we don't know when it will be done and the only solution that the staff gives me is to get a refund. I don't want a refund, I want the product I paid for nearly 4 YEARS AGO.
My question is: Am I the only one with this issue? If I'm not the only one, which seems so, seeing how fast the kickstarter campaign was funded, have you contacted with riot minds about this? what answer did they give you?

Thank you very much for your attention

Mellekai

Re: Issues with riot online

Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:17 am

Good morning to you:

Cheers for your post.

I see that RiotMinds have already offered you a refund. That seems quite a sensible solution.
Of course it is not as good as the product you have wished for.
I am quite sure that there will be others out there that share your viewpoint.
It is your excitement for the game that speaks out of you. I am glad to have you here with us.

With this online forum and the DIscord Server RiotMinds gives you some quite powerful tools at hand. You could use your knowledge and passion to shape them according to your needs and wishes.

What do you think of that?

Hamurai

Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:04 pm

What, you got a refund?

I've mailed them about Trudvang Chronicles (which I had also backed and am very happy with as a physical product) and never got an answer. I had asked on the old forums and no one seemed to care. The TC functionality never was finished and even character generation isn't working right. As you can't export the chars, you can forget about it anyway.

So, do all disappointed backers get a refund? Back then I was really excited about the possibility to play online as I had moved away from my table group at that time and we were enjoying the thought that we could play online.

Mellekai

Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:48 pm

@Hamurai:

And did you get a new group to play with?

Hamurai

Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:29 pm

I found a new group, but not for Trudvang Chronicles, sadly. At least so far we've only played a one-shot because most of the players aren't into the system as it stands now.

Mellekai

Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:33 pm

@Hamurai:

Good that you found a new group.
But it is sad that they do not follow you into Trudvang.
I am always aiming for long campaigns.
How are your experiences with the one shots?
I have always a hard time to wrap my head around it.

Hamurai

Thu May 14, 2020 5:54 am

The one-shot was Wildheart with a GM who either loves railroading or completely improvising. When running Wildheart he purely relied on the random tables first, and we all didn't even have the slightest idea what was going on a good hour into the adventure. When it dawned on me what we had to do, the other players had already lost interest. So they focused on the weird elements and the adventure first derailed into a strange version of Alice in Wonderland, and towards the end the players decided they didn't want to play the rest in a second session, so they picked a fight we couldn't win. TPK. :(

Was a lot more fun in my old group.

Mellekai

Thu May 14, 2020 6:01 am

Man, that sounds like something I would highly dislike, too.
Wildheart is such a beautiful adventure with so much potential. I am quite in love with it, but it has its demands towards the GM.
As a GM I prefer the approach of Gygax to have a story ready under each stone and the world in my head.

Hamurai

Sat May 16, 2020 3:16 pm

Indeed, I really liked the overall idea, too. I hope to play it myself again at some point with a more experienced (and more prepared) GM, so I'm not reading further into it.

As a GM I'm usually very happy about players being interested in stuff that's "on the side" of the adventure I run as I then feel it's catching on. I go with it, but gently nudge them back on track to keep things going.

OK, but enough thread-derailment, that's a discussion for another thread :D

Mellekai

Sat May 16, 2020 4:13 pm

@Hamurai: Cheers for sharing your thought with me.