Publication Dates Mystery

dhumphries

Publication Dates Mystery

Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:48 am

Moderators - If this post is in the wrong place, please move it to somewhere appropriate. :)

Hi all! :)

I'm here because I love this game and am really keen to see it supported by more resources.

I think we have been advised in the last 3 years that several publications are "on the way". This is great news!

1. Wicked Dew campaign book advised in February 2019 (3 years). Nothing is published and there is no communication about updates.
2. Seven Stars campaign book. I'm not sure when this was first advised, but not published and no communication.
3. Now teased with The Secret Arts resource book of rituals, which is a great idea.

I'd just like to know if / when any of these will ever really happen? They all look great and I want to give you my money already!! :D :D

Hamurai

Re: Publication Dates Mystery

Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:15 am

I wouldn't count on it.

While Riotminds puts our some great releases, they make promises alongside some of those releases which are never fulfilled. One of the biggest disappointments for me is still Riotonline, which started as an online platform to play Trudvang Chronicles but never worked properly and never got any support that I know of. Years back I had written several e-mails to their support about it and never received an answer. I gave Riotonline another try some months back, but the content I had gotten with the kickstarter campaign back then is no longer linked to my account, gods know why. Since it never worked anyway, I don't bother to mail support on this issue. I consider the platform dead.

Lex Occultum's monster handbook was the only life sign since LO's release. I've never seen any kind of promotion and I know very few people who actually play or played the game. Extrapolating from this, I don't think there'll be any more releases for LO.

Where did you see a teaser for The Secret Arts? I haven't seen anything official for LO since the monster book.

dhumphries

Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:11 pm

Hi Hamurai,

Thanks for your response. Depressing news! I can only hope something comes through the pipeline, albeit slowly.

There is a Riotminds page on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/riotminds (FB - yeah I know...)

There is a post from 24th November 2021 which shows cover art for The Secret Arts. They reference new kickstarters early this year and even a LO board game. I'll keep my eyes open, but my expectations a little lower. :(

Cheers and happy monster hunting!

Hamurai

Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:40 pm

Thanks for pointing me towards that news. Apparently, that's the only channel they used.

I'd be happy to see some more support and hope they'll be able to keep up that promise. I don't want to spoil anyone's fun, you know, I've just been disappointed in the past, so my expectations are low.

Let's hope I'm wrong! :D

dhumphries

Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:16 am

Appreciate you sharing your previous experience as it does help to understand the real situation.

Even if they only came through with one of those titles this year, I'd be happy.

Well, it is supposed the be 'soon' so lets keep our eyes open :)